1 litre hot water
1 onion, roughly chopped
3 tablespoon of Massel stock powder
2 bay leaves
Place this ingredients in a pot, and bring it to boil.
1 cup water
1 tbs tomato paste
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs French Onion Soup Powder
1 cup wheat gluten
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the wheat gluten a little bit at a time, while continuing stirring.
- Form into a loaf.
- Slice this loaf to requires thickness, place in the stock pot, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool, drain.
- Have plain flour, egg wash (1 egg + equal amount of milk), breadcrumbs in separate bowl.
- Place each slices of the gluten alternately into the flour, then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Fry these schnitzels. Serve with mashed potato and steamed vegetables and gravy.