3 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
150 g bean thread vermicelli
100 g not-ham, grated (optional)
6 spring onions, sliced diagonally
4 cups finely shredded Savoy cabbage
2 large carrots, grated
2 tablespoon vegetarian oyster flavored sauce
1 tablespoon Massel chicken style stock powder
1 packet spring roll wrappers, thawed
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 tablespoon water
- Soak vermicelli in hot water for 10 minutes, drain in a colander, and run cold water through it to stop the cooking process. Drain, squeeze excess liquid. Cut into manageable length.
- Heat the oils in a fry pan, add the garlic, fry until its golden, add the vermicelli, not ham and the sauces. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In the meantime, separate the spring roll wrappers, cover with a damp cloth to prevent from drying out.
- When the vermicelli mixture cool, add the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Place 1 heaped tablespoon of the filling on the corner of the spring roll wrapper, fold one point over. Fold the two side points, then roll up towards the last point. Mix the corn flour and water to make a smooth paste, use this mixture to "glue" the last point.
- Heat deep fryer, fry the spring rolls in batches.
Note: if you don't like deep frying, you can spray the spring rolls with cooking spray, and place it in 180oC oven for 15 minutes.
These are the basic recipe idea, you can vary the ingredients to suit your own taste.